Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All You Can Eat Pizza and Beer Diet

That's how I am going to start responding to people when they ask me how I've lost my weight. I'm going to tell them I found an All You Can Eat Pizza and Beer Diet. Why am I going to do that? Because I just can't take the looks of disappointment anymore when I say (to quote Jack Sh*t at Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit) that I'm "eating less, eating healthier and exercising more". When I tell them that it's like I've told them that Christmas has been cancelled because of the economy.

Now to me it doesn't matter how you lose the weight, just that you lose it. Thank God we aren't judged like Olympic gymnast on how we lose weight (because my dismount is always horrible). I always tell people when it comes to losing weight it's not how, but how many.

OK, so I'm not going to tell people about the All You Can Eat Pizza and Beer Diet. I actually tried that once and it didn't work out so well for me so I don't want to lead others down that path. I guess the next time I come across a disappointed face I will just have to try to point out all of the positive aspects to working hard to live a healthy lifestyle.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that look of disappointment funny? I visited my hometown last summer after losing about 25 pounds. My BFF said "how did you do it?" and I said "eat less, exercise more" or something like that. The next day she presented me with some Time magazine article or something about how researchers are saying that exercise isn't really a key factor in weight loss.
    What a bitch.
    Anyhow. I've tried the pizza and beer too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I love that look too! But what I really find funny is when they ask you how you lost weight and you say the "eat less, exercise more" quote, and they give you the "Fine, if you dont want to tell me how you did it, just dont" look.
    Sometimes people doesn't want to believe thats the answer, they just want to hear a fad diet or an easier way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it just speaks to their inner demons. Thing is, I remember about ten years ago asking someone that very same question.

    "You look great. How'd you do it?"

    "Eat healthy and exercise."

    "Oh."

    And I'm easily 60 lbs. heavier now than I was then when I asked her. Ah well. I'm staring now. Now is the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get me wrong Physicallee Fit, I was always the guy with the disappointed look on his face when I used to ask others that same question, and got the response of "eat less, exercise more".

    I was ready (or willing) to nuy into that before. I can't say exactly why I finally turned the page, but like you I finally decided now was the time. We can't have the past back, but we can change our future!

    ReplyDelete