Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Learning the Power


I'm starting to discover the power of this blogging thing.

While I have been spending a lot of time on the treadmill the last couple of months, it is usually just walking at a pretty good pace. I have added speed and incline as I have gone along, but I have been avoiding going to the next level and speeding it up to a run/jog.

After spending a lot of time the last week or so reading incredible blogs about people who got started long before I did on this quest to live a healthier lifestyle, and noticing that they almost always talked about running as part of their exercise routine, I decided that I was going to try to run 1 mile on the treadmill last night.

I was having serious regrets about that decision about 7:30 in (running at 5.5 mph), but thinking back about the blog posting I have read at places like Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit, The Anti-Jared, F Daddy Rants and Did I Just Eat That Out Loud I was reminded of their struggles, but also of their results, and it gave me the push I needed to make it to the 11:00 mark and the completion of my first mile of running.

Getting that first one under my belt was hard, but now I'm excited to do it again and to keep pushing.

So thanks to all for the extra motivation!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Way to make the push and go to the "next level".

    I was terrified to try running/jogging too, but have since fallen in love with it. I won't go so far as to say its always easy, but its getting alot better.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve! Your words of encouragement really help push me along.

    ReplyDelete