Friday, April 2, 2010

I Guess You Have To Start Somewhere

Well, I've never done a blog before, but as I draw inspiration from others that are on a journey to live a healthier lifestyle, I decided that maybe there is someone that might be able to draw a little inspiration from me as well, so here goes...

I'm a 38 year old male who has been overweight most of my life. I don't know why I finally decided to try to live a healthier lifesytle, but something back towards the end of January said that it was time. I was tipping the scale at 256 pounds, and most of my clothes were at the point that they were close to no longer fitting. I decided if I was going to buy new clothes they were going to be smaller ones, not bigger ones.

I was fortunate that my employer was offering a 12 week weight loss/lifestyle modification program about the same time and I decided it was worth a try. There really isn't anything magic about the program. It's the typical reduce calories, eat 5-6 smaller meals a day, drink lots of water, and exercise at least 30 minutes a day program.

Well, I am now 9 weeks into the program and I have lost 40 pounds. I have increased my workouts to closer to 60 minutes a day, but other than that I have pretty much stuck to the plan, and have pretty consistently dropped about 4 pounds a week.

Unfortunately I'm a person that doesn't like any fruit. The texture just makes me sick. I have once again tried to force myself to eat fruits while on this plan, but so far I have been unable to do it with any success.

No comments:

Post a Comment